10:21 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
Taking a leaf out of Jigsaw's Blog and following a discussion with my Sister yesterday, I need to re-visit my goals from one year ago when I started my journey. I also need to compare where I've come from to where I am now. So here goes:

Changes in me from Jan 2008 - Jan 2009
From 142.5kgs to 115kgs
From Size 26+ to Size 20-
Took 20 mins to train station now 10 mins to train station
Struggled with 1 min on Elliptical now 20 mins on Elliptical
Couldn't do a squat to save myself, now range of motion enormously improved
Couldn't run, now can run short distances
Short 30 - 60 min walks with difficulty, now walked 10klm Moonwalk and Cancer Council 8 klm Walk with ease
Struggled getting out of chairs, including lounge and office, now get out with ease
Could NOT get out of the pool by myself, had to climb out and roll out like a beached whale, now step out with ease!
Used to have frequent bouts of depression, now very rarely will things get me down
Used to get sick all the time, now body fights off bugs really quickly if I get sick at all
Busting out of Shoe Size 11, now feet have shrunk and I can fit comfortably into a Size 10
Could wear high heels to save myself, now I have four pairs and feel sexy when I wear them
Wouldn't wear sleeveless shirts to save myself, now proud of showing off my muscly shoulders and arms
I was taking medication for thyroid, arthritis and reflux, now I don't need reflux medication and I only take anti-inflammatory meds every second or third day
I was taking pain meds daily, some heavies at night time, now don't need them very often at all, only after a really heavy exercise session
I used to sweat at the slightest exertion, now I still sweat, but not half as bad and I recover really quickly.
I was slow, sluggish and lethargic, heat really knocked me around and I was tired all the time, now I have energy to burn!!!

MY GOALS Feb 2008: I want to be able to get out of a chair or off the floor without groaning and being in enormous pain, (achieved) I want to be able to sit on a train or a bus without panicking in case anyone tries to sit next to me because I am taking up one and a half people's seats (achieved), I want to be able to run up a flight of stairs so I don't miss a train (achieved)! I want to be able to take two steps at a time when running up a flight of stairs (partially achieved), I want to be able to wear highheels without it absolutely killing me (achieved) and I want to go to a themepark and go on all the rides (not yet). I want to set a good example for my family (working on it, seems to be working!!!!). I want to go back to places I have lived previously and visit friends and relatives a whole new me and ASTOUND everyone!!! (visited Canberra last year, impressed a few people, went to a Xmas Party this year, people couldn't believe the change in me)

Mar 08: I thought of some more reasons to be a "normal" weight/size: I want to be able to get on a plane and put the food tray all the way down; I want to be able to go to the beach or pool in bathers in public and not be embarrassed; I want to be able to get out of a chair without being in enormous amounts of pain; I want to be able to get out of a chair just using my legs; I want to be able to get into a crowded elevator without thinking I am too heavy and it will set off an over capacity alarm.
MY GOALS Feb 2009 - Dec 2009: Take up Dragon boating. Lose the same amount of weight as 2008. Get down to a Size 16. Feel more comfortable in public transport, go to theme park. I want to be able to walk into a normal dress shop and buy clothes off the rack.

1 comments:

Berys said...

Gwennie ..Have just found your Blog ..yeahhh I have added you to my list of Blogs I follow ..love Berys